You may find a few items of interest on the London Peace Network blog:
- Don’t miss the Torch! – local Torch Relay events, and the Real Relay
- Pictures from Merton’s Inter Faith Walk
- All day reading of Homer’s Iliad – remembering the peaceful origins of the Olympic Games
- Britain Tastes Great – celebrating the dishes which reflect modern Britain
- Southwark – City – East End Inter Faith Walk
- Dine@Mine Week and the Ramadan Festival – Mosques and Muslim homes are inviting visitors in during Ramadan (which starts for some tomorrow and on Saturday for others).
On 21st and 22nd September, the Imperial War Museum is marking International Peace Day as part of the Olympic Truce – LBFN is invited to take part. More on this soon.
On Friday 21st September, many mosques in London will also be marking the day by opening their doors to visitors and exchanging messages of peace. More details from LBFN.