- World Congress of Faiths’ annual Younghusband Lecture (19 August)
- South London Inter Faith Group’s lunch (29 August)
- Faiths Together in Lambeth interfaith walk (7 September)
- Westminster Cathedral Inter Faith Group visit to the Jain Temple in Potters Bar (10 September)
- Churches Together in Britain & Ireland conference on 12 September
- Ride & Stride (Heritage of London) on 14 September
- European Days of Jewish Culture and Heritage15-29 September
- Hounslow Friends of Faith women’s discussion on wealth on 25 September
- Zoroastrian Trust Funds of Europe and the School for Oriental & African Studies’ exhibition The Everlasting Flame: Zoroastrianism in History and Imagination from 11 October
- One World Week 20-27 October
- Mitzvah Day 17 November
- Inter Faith Week 17-23 November
- and opportunities at 3FF and MUJU
There are also items on Multi Faith Spaces and the International Day of Peace.
Remember to keep 6 November 4pm free for LBFN’s theology for practitioners event on Multi Faith Spaces.
Plans for peace-building activities on 20 & 21 September are gathering pace, building on the pioneering Olympic Truce work of the London Peace Network last year.
If your local mosque (on Friday 20 September) or synagogue (on Saturday 21 September, which falls within the Feast of Sukkot) would like to take part this year, inviting in visitors to share messages of peace, please contact LBFN. Equally, if you would like an invitation to a mosque or synagogue in your borough on those days, please let us, or your local faith forum, know. Flights for Peace across the Thames are also a possibility . .
September 21st falls in a Sunday next year, so it will be the churches’ opportunity to open their doors. Sermon notes for all three religious traditions are being prepared this year.
If you are planning activities which are open to people across London, just let LBFN know and they will be added to the blog.