For all who were involved in London 2012 (and everyone who wished they had), Hamid Vaghefian has been in touch about an exciting sporty event and festival in four of our boroughs. He writes:
“Imagine a major mass participation event that celebrates London’s multi-cultural diversity, brings local communities together to inspire social change, and welcomes all ages and abilities.
The Big Half will be truly global, uniquely local – but for this, we need you!
Sported is thrilled to be teaming up with London Marathon Events to give you, your group and your local community an amazing opportunity to be a big part of the festivities.
Together, we would like to extend a warm invitation to attend a special Big Half community launch event at 10:00am Wednesday 17th May 2017 at Rainmaking Loft, 1 International House, St Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1UN where you will get the chance to:
- Find out all about The Big Half, The Big Relay, The Little Half and The Big Festival.
- Get involved and become one of the first community groups to sign up. Get the chance to say “We were there at the start!”
- Learn how you can use The Big Half to promote and fundraise for your group.
- Have your say and help us deliver a uniquely local event.
- Network with other community groups in your local Borough.
London Marathon Events is delighted to announce the launch of The Big Half – an exciting new event and festival that will feel and be like no other! Coming to the streets of Greenwich, Southwark, Tower Hamlets and Lewisham in March 2018.”
Come along to the launch event on Wednesday 17 May 10am-12 noon at Rainmaking Loft London, 1 Saint Katharine’s Way, E1W 1UN. Register your place here.