After the shocking attack in Streatham this afternoon, a reminder that Faiths Together in Lambeth is holiding its annual Interfaith Harmony Breakfast on Thursday. It is always well attended and reflects the good relationships between religious communities and the public sector in Streatham which have developed over many years.
A free training day for religious and cultural groups will take place on 27 September in Brixton, SW2.
The day is designed for small groups who work with young people and are not commissioned by Lambeth Council, such as faith and cultural groups.
Features of the training day will include:
- Details of support available to the faith sector and small independent organisations
- Practical guidance on safer recruitment
- Advice on child accident prevention, road safety & fire safety
- Time to network with similar organisations
- A chance to speak to the Local Authority Designated Officer and specialists from the LSCB, the Safe Network, Lambeth Children’s Services, Health, Police and Fire services
- Information about free safeguarding training and resources
- Updates on hot topics such as e-safety & sexual exploitation
Download the flyer and fill in the booking form if you are interesting in applying. Thanks to Faiths Together in Lambeth for sharing this opportunity. Are there other boroughs offering this kind of training?