As part of our European strand of work, LBFN is delighted to host a reception for distinguished guests from the city of Berlin.
Join us at Collaboration House, 77 Charlotte Street, W1T 4PW, at 5-6pm on Monday 30 January. Register your place here.
We will hear from
- Dr Thomas Schimmel, Director, 1219 Religions- und Kulturdialog, Berlin
- Pasha Shah, Integration and Faith Division, Department of Communities and Local Government, UK
- Katharina Smith-Müller, Inter Faith Advisor, Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
- Dr Thomas Wipf, Swiss reformed theologian and Moderator, European Council of Religious Leaders
- Pastor Peter Jorgensen, Community of Evangelical Free Churches, Berlin
- Elizabeth Harris-Sawczenko, Director, Council of Christians and Jews, UK
- Representative of Hartmut Rhein, Commissioner for Churches and Religious and Philosophical Communities, Mayor’s Office, Berlin (tbc)
- Catriona Robertson, Convener, London Boroughs Faiths Network, and Interim Director, Christian Muslim Forum, UK
Interfaith, Cities and Government is a new project launched by the European Council of Religious Leaders (Religions for Peace), bringing together interfaith leaders and local governments from European cities, to share best practice, exchange knowledge, and explore collaboration. The visit to London follows a meeting at Berlin Town Hall in October 2016 which included London Boroughs Faiths Network, Faiths Forum for London, the Metropolitan Police and the European Council of Religious Leaders.
The reception ends at 6pm but our guests have kindly agreed to stay on for some informal networking until 6.30pm.